Scott Eby's net worth, biography, fact, career, awards and life story

Scott Eby Wiki – Scott Eby Biography

Scott Eby pleaded guilty to five counts of first-degree murder in the death of Riley Fox and one count of predatory criminal sexual assault of a child and was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, according to a press release by the Will County State’s Attorney. The State’s Attorney said they examined the possibility of the death penalty but after consulting with Fox’s parents decided against it:

Kevin and Melissa Fox firmly expressed the desire that their daughter’s brutal and callous murderer endure the torture of drawing every remaining breath in his miserable existence inside the cold dank walls of an Illinois prison cell.

More than six years after Riley’s death, these parents are seeking the same certainty and closure in their personal lives that the citizens of Will County demand from their justice system. Today’s guilty plea eliminates every avenue for appeal and guarantees that Scott Wayne Eby will never walk free to prey upon another innocent child.

Eby is currently serving his life sentence at Pontiac Correctional Center, where he was admitted in 2006, public records show. The Pontiac Correctional Center is a maximum-security prison for men in Pontiac, Illinois, established in 1871, which currently has an inmate population of 1,065. Because of Eby’s guilty plea in the murder case, he is unable to file for an appeal and will live out the remainder of his life in prison.

Scott Eby Age

Scott Eby is 49 years old.

Eby Was Already In Prison When DNA Matched

Eby was already in prison with a 14-year sentence for raping his sister in 2005 at the time the FBI investigated his involvement in Riley Fox’s murder, the Chicago Tribune reported. After receiving a tip, FBI agents investigating Riley Fox’s murder decided to interview Eby in May 2010 and asked him for a DNA sample.

Several days after the request, Eby wrote a 10-page confession and wrote that he wanted to take the “coward’s way out,” the Chicago Tribune reported. He said he deserved to be tortured and killed and that he didn’t understand “how the wires got crossed in me.” He blamed drug and alcohol abuse and insecurities for his actions and wrote, “I know I am the lowest of the lowest kind of slime there is on earth.”

Eby tied a bedsheet around his neck and attempted to hang himself. He wrote in his letter that he had a “reasonably normal childhood” and his parents were both very good to him. “My parents didn’t raise a monster, I became one over the years and it’s no one’s fault but my own,” he wrote, according to the Tribune. He added, “Keeping a secret like that inside of you eats at the very core of your being day in and day out.”

Riley Fox Cause of Death

On June 6, 2004, the lives of the Fox family changed forever. That weekend, Melissa, then 25, and a group of friends participated in the AVON Walk for Breast Cancer in Chicago, where she stayed for two nights — the longest she’d ever been away from her children. Kevin stayed home with the kids.

Melissa adored Riley and cherished her time with her little girl.“She had this perfect black hair and perfect little round face and blue eyes,” Melissa said. “She was funny. She was silly. Just, so talkative, and she was friendly to everybody she met. She was just a sweetheart. Riley was a lot like Melissa,” Jillian Garrelts, Melissa’s friend, said. “She was a spunky, sassy little girl. She … could be a little princess… But … she was a daddy’s girl, kind of a little tomboy [who] loved to fish … and wasn’t afraid to get dirty.”

While his wife was in Chicago, Kevin, then 27, and the kids spent Saturday afternoon making posters in anticipation of celebrating Melissa’s walk at the finish line, where they planned to meet her the next morning. But early Sunday morning, Tyler woke up Kevin to tell him that Riley was missing.

Not thinking it was a true emergency, Kevin looked through the house and backyard. Then, after about 30 to 40 minutes, Kevin called the non-emergency number for the police. He reported finding his front door open and Riley’s yellow blanket still on the couch, where she had been sleeping.

Meanwhile, in Chicago, Melissa and her friends were nearing the end of their walk when she called her husband to check-in. “He sounded so startled. I knew immediately something was wrong,” Melissa said. “He just said, ‘Riley’s gone,’ and I immediately hit the ground and the phone fell out of my hand.”

The women rushed back to Wilmington, where word of Riley’s disappearance had spread quickly throughout the small town of 5,000. They arrived to see the community mobilized, with dozens of volunteers searching for Riley in ditches, woods, and the town’s forest preserves.

“It was something out of a movie… [I] feel like the entire town was out looking for her,” Colleen Hansen, Melissa’s friend, said. “Every area of the town was being canvassed in some fashion. For hours after Melissa had arrived, the town continued to search high and low for Riley. Then at one point, Melissa said a police officer placed her and Kevin in separate police cars.

“I didn’t understand what was going on. When we got to the police station, they just started asking questions and I was like, ‘Is someone going to tell me what’s going on?’” she said. The couple was unaware that two volunteers had found Riley facedown, wearing only a shirt, in a creek. She had duct tape across her mouth and what investigators believed to be duct tape residue on her wrists. Autopsy reports later determined that she had been se**xually assaulted and drowned.

“It was just crushing,” Melissa said. “I couldn’t even stand. I couldn’t even think. I couldn’t even imagine what life would be like without her. From that moment forward, Melissa said she never stepped foot in the house where Riley had disappeared from again.

Investigation Report

Riley Fox, 3, was sleeping on the couch in the living room next to her six-year-old brother with their father asleep in his bedroom when she was abducted from the home. The case made headlines in Wilmington, Illinois, and the community grieved when the young girl’s body was found later that day, on June 6, 2004, drowned in a nearby creek. She had been bound with duct tape and sexually assaulted.

Investigators initially zeroed in on her father, Kevin Fox, charging him with first-degree murder, but after he was in jail for several months, DNA testing excluded him from the scene of the crime, and the charges were thrown out. For years, the case remained unsolved with no arrests.

When the FBI took over the case in 2009, investigators learned of Scott Eby, who lived about a mile from the Fox home and who was out on parole at the time of Riley Fox’s murder. He had been burglarizing homes in the area when he broke into the Fox home, found three-year-old Riley sleeping on the couch, and decided to molest and abduct her, the Chicago Tribune reported.

After FBI agents questioned Eby and asked him for a DNA sample, he confessed to the crime in a long letter. Where is Scott Eby today?