Thomas Driscoll's net worth, biography, fact, career, awards and life story

Thomas Driscoll Wiki – Thomas Driscoll Biography

Thomas Driscoll is a retired Connecticut police officer who was killed in a single hit attack while on vacation in Las Vegas, police said. The 22-year veteran of the Connecticut State Police died early Sunday, February 28 of head and neck injuries after being attacked by a stranger who police say followed the former cop and a woman on a bridge. pedestrian on the Las Vegas Strip. saying.

Driscoll worked for more than two decades with the Connecticut State Police, primarily as a member of the bomb squad at Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, Connecticut. He retired as a police officer in 2009, state police told the newspaper in a statement.

“It was just a violent ending for such a kind person,” said Brian Hsia, 28, who thought of Driscoll as a father after Driscoll dated Hsia’s mother for a decade. “We are saddened to hear that he died after being assaulted,” the agency said. “Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.”

Driscoll, a native of Chicopee, Massachusetts, continued to be a positive force in Hsia’s life despite separating from his mother, Annie Chong of Windsor, whom he had known for 20 years. “He was a very important male figure in my children’s lives,” Chong told Western Mass News. “I was surprised when I got the phone call. I was in denial. I thought he was a scam. ”

Thomas Driscoll Age

Thomas Driscoll is 57 years old.

He was beaten up by a man named Brandon Leath

An arrest report obtained by the Las Vegas Review-Journal indicates that Driscoll was on a walkway near Bally’s with a woman when they passed a group of men. A man in the group, identified by police as Brandon Leath, 33, made a comment about Driscoll and the woman walking through them, prompting Leath to run towards the couple and then wait for the retired police officer at the foot of an escalator. . saying.

“Leath put down his backpack and took a fighting stance,” the arrest report read. Leath allegedly struck Driscoll, sending the retired policeman to the ground. Later, Driscoll was pronounced dead at a hospital and a coroner ruled that his death was a homicide.

Leath, who was later arrested near The Mirage, acknowledged being on the walkway where Driscoll was attacked, but denied hitting him, police said.

Leath appeared in court Wednesday, March 3, on a murder charge in the pre-dawn standoff, in which he denied involvement before a judge interrupted him and ordered him to return to court later this month, reported the Review-Journal.

“This is very serious,” Leath told the judge. “This is my life. Ma’am, I didn’t do anything wrong.” Driscoll, an avid hiker, was visiting Las Vegas to spend months walking the West Coast, the newspaper reported.